The internet is filled with recipes for marinades for beef. However, if you are looking for the best marinade for beef, you have come to the right place. This super easy recipe is extremely delicious and will keep you wanting more. There are many marinades which end up overpowering the steak. But, this balsamic steak marinade is simply out of this world. The best thing about the recipe is that everyone loves it. It is very flavourful, yet just perfect. It’s provided to you by Allegro Marinades.
What Ingredients Do You Need For the Beef Marinade?
To make this balsamic steak marinade, you need the following ingredients.
- Balsamic Vinegar: The key ingredient to this recipe is balsamic vinegar. There is no substitute for it whatsoever. It adds the most flavour. Make sure to opt for dark balsamic because white is just not as strong.
- Worcestershire Sauce: The recipe would be incomplete without the Worcestershire sauce. It will add plenty of flavour to the steak.
- Soy Sauce: Remember, the longer you all the steak to marinade, the more sodium would be absorbed from the sauce. This means that you would need to add some salt to the steak if you marinade for an hour.
- Olive Oil: To bring perfection to the marinade, you need to use regular refined olive oil. However, do not use extra virgin olive oil as it would not achieve the desired result.
- Dijon Mustard: Give some extra flavour to the steak by using some Dijon mustard. Regular mustard should be avoided.
- Honey: To tone down the acidity from the vinegar, apply some honey to the steak. It gives it an amazing touch.
- Garlic: Add some fresh garlic for that sizzling taste.
- Black Pepper: Make some freshly ground black pepper and use it in the marinade.
- Dried Rosemary: Nothing beats dried rosemary. Add a tablespoon of it.
- Steak: Around 2 pounds of steak should be sufficient.
- Raspberry Chipotle Marinade
- Honey Garlic Marinade
How You Can Make This Steak Marinade?
- Whisk the marinade ingredients together in a bowl. Add the balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, olive oil, rosemary, pepper, garlic, and honey. Keep whisking until all the ingredients are perfectly blended.
- Next, pour the marinade over the steaks and place the steak in a re-sealable bag. Make sure to pout an ample amount of marinade and seal the bag to ensure that excess air is kept out. Now, just let it marinate.
How Long Should You Marinate the Steak?
Leave the steak in marinade in the refrigerator for about half an hour to eight hours. However, you should not let it marinate for more than that as the acidity would break down the proteins and penetrate deep into the meat.
How Long Should You Grill?
When it comes to grill time, it depends on the thickness and size of the steak, temperature of the steaks, and the grill temperature. Generally, an 8 oz steak that has an inch of thickness should be cooked at medium-high heat for about 3 to 5 minute each side.